Saturday 26 March 2011

Tropical Birds

After listening to my allocated song, I picked out a few main words from my spider diagram and then tried creating quick simple ideas for an narrative for my animation. So for example from the word 'Brazil', which I felt the music came from as it was Portuguese. I then picked out things which related to the country Brazil, for example Tropical birds.







I liked this idea of using tropical birds because the animals and very bold and colourful and it goes well with the song, 'Solta O Frango'. I then started researching existing animated birds from pixar and warner brothers etc. For example Tweety bird and Donald Duck.






I came across a new pixar film called 'Rio'. The characters are tropical birds, determined to teach another bird how to fly!








I think this pixar film, Rio, is really helpful because hopefully it'll show me how to make my characters look more simpler as well as bold and colourful as well as funny looking. I had an idea of making a very colourful and vibrant animation where the main storyline consists on tropical birds dancing in a carnival.

I wanted to have an brazilian feel to the animation because it'll relate to my song, with all the clapping and beats. And i think it'll be funny if instead of having humans dancing, i'll have tropical birds.

The main idea was to have one bird flying in the air, and then is joined with a few more birds to then start doing a little carnival dancing in a brazilian style!

No comments:

Post a Comment