Tuesday 8 March 2011

Task 2: GF Smith Paper Poster Ideas


This is one idea I thought of and wanted to incorporate it as a poster. I been experimenting how to combine the Type I've made. I started by drawing thumbnails of the more important information in the poster, for example, the 100years! I wanted to make the '100' the main attraction in the poster, so using my sculpture from task 1 of the project, I recreated it and changed areas of it, so I could make the number 100.


SECONDARY RESEARCH......

Here is a bit of research on my final poster. I looked at different paper packaging, to create lettering in for my poster. I found egg box packaging particularly interesting. I like the shape form and I think it'll be interesting to incorporate into my poster as my final sculpture from task1 is made in a similar shape form.















Sketch book work......











Having done my design ideas in my sketch book, I then tried making the number forms in to paper. I found that it worked quite well and was reasonably simple to make. 









Making my poster:



Here I changed the contrast, to create shadow and also converted it to black and white.


The background for the poster




Here I'm combining more type, both digital and hand made. I do the find the hand made type a bit tacky and unclear. However combined with the digital type, it gives that neater look. 

These print shots show me trying out different layouts, with both the text and the imagery. I found moving and layering these parts, make the poster look quite effective.




I also experimented by just have digital text on to the poster as well as the number 100 paper sculpture. 



Final Designs

These are my final designs. I experimented with different layouts and type. I think i'll incorporate this design more later on. However this time, using a grid to align the text in order, making a accurate poster. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment