Friday 11 March 2011

Task 2: GF Smith Paper Poster Ideas


Here is another poster idea I developed. I'm simply designed a digital poster, using a image of my final sculpture from task 1 as well as digital type using photoshop. I wanted to experiment using different filters and find out how the poster would look. 



Using this photograph I took of my final sculpture from task 1, I edited the filter and then thought of incorporating it as a poster. I especially like how the filter has created a very metallic effect to the sculpture, giving it a metal life quality. 




I then started drawing thumbnails of different designs, I thought would look interesting. I experimented different layouts with the text and imagery. I wanted to make the sculpture and the number '100' the main attraction of the poster. So by enlarging them parts on the poster, I thought it'll look effective. 




I really liked this layout, because the idea was to have the image and text running down the poster. Going from large to small. 


I then started including the information for the GF Smith poster. The information needed was the Age, the name, and date. I thought it'll look interesting if the colour of the type was minimum however colours which will go well with the colour of the sculpture. 

















Final Design


1 comment:

  1. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. fotokonst

    ReplyDelete