Friday 25 March 2011

My Song

The idea is to combine a piece of music to create a animation.

This is the song I have been assigned too..

Solta O Frango:


I first put the song onto my Ipod, so i could listen to it constantly and get a feel for the song. I then draw a spider diagram in my sketchbook, of things which popped out of my head as I was listening to it.


I looked and listened to the colours, the beat, rhythm, objects and instruments. Before looking at the actual video of the song, I did get a warm summers Brazilian feeling. Where's theres a lot of love and happiness in the song.  

These are a few words which came to mind when I was listening to this song:

  • Love
  • Happiness
  • Brazil
  • Green/Red/Yellow
  • Dancing
  • Clapping
  • Techno
  • Football
  • Blue skies
  • Green grass

BRAZIL:


I then started incorporating the idea of the Brazilian feel and looked a bit more into it. Such as drawing little illustrations of things relating to brazil. 

For example: 
  • Rio
  • Tropical birds
  • Beaches
  • Warm oceans 
  • Ice cream
  • Football - Skill
  • Women
  • Carnivals

I wanted to research a bit more on the brazilian culture and hopefully giving me a feel of its life style. So here are a few images of brazilian culture...









This is the first idea what came to mind, because I thought it relates to the sound of my song. And so i may incorporate aspects of brazilian culture into my animation. I specially love the bright colours, carnivals, the history in world football and also there tropical birds. I may be able to create some really cool animations of the tropical birds.


No comments:

Post a Comment