Wednesday 30 March 2011

My Old Rayograms

We had a workshop session on Rayograms. And these are a few examples of Rayogram photography which i've done in my Alevel photography. I wanted to show the different types of Rayograms I've done in the past. Also to remind the different techniques when making a rayogram.  I loved how the detail came out on some of the rayograms, for example the 20 pound note. I used different objects such as leafs, hair clips and normal paper.




A photogram is a photograph made without a camera by placing objects in direct contact with light-sensitive paper. Upon exposure to light, the paper records the contours of the objects and their textures. Victorian photographers such as W. H. Fox Talbot used this technique to produce delicate impressions of leaves, lace and flowers. These were admired for their detail and clarity.




I then placed another piece of photographic paper on the top of the original rayogram, shiny side down. Which I found created a white and black rayogram.  




Using a leaf and hair clip, I wanted to make a unusual photogram, as if it looks like a tree.  



With this rayogram I wanted to give the impression that the torn up paper is fire and my hand in the rayogram is getting burnt.







No comments:

Post a Comment