Friday 29 April 2011

Scene 6- stop motion animation

I really like doing cell animation but find it too be a long process. So I thought I'll include another type of animation into the animation i'm doing presently. Mainly because I wanted to experiment with different types of animation but also see how they work together. So I tried out an stop motion animation using the software 'I can Animate', where a love heart is formed from being crippled up. I think it looks quite effective and is a good experiment.


I also think the scene which the stop motion heart is included in works well because the next scene will be more of a surprise in the storyboard.


Before I made my final piece I tested out an experiment without he crippled paper opening and closing. I found works quite well and then decided to include this type of animation into my actual animation. I had to however include the same background colour from the cell animation to make it match. So using photoshop, I first took the photographs of each frame and then edited the background with the colour of the sky in the cell animation.











I had to edit each photograph by replacing the background with the colour of all the frames used in the cell animation. It was such a long process but I was really happy with the final outcome.





My final piece.....


Scene 5 & 6 

I then tried matching it with the previous scene to see how the frames would look together. I think it goes quite well. 







No comments:

Post a Comment