Friday 22 April 2011

Scene 3: Bird Landing/ 2nd Bird

I've started experimenting the next frames of my animation. Where the bird joins a female bird on the tree branch. I had to test the movement of when the bird which was originally flying in the air, flies down towards the bird on the tree branch.

I found I had to keep the bird wings moving however lower the bird gradually when drawing it. Which made it fluent as the bird flies low towards the branch. So theres 4 frames of the birds wings moving, however another 4 frames just under, which is repeated 5 more times!! 

It was such a long process however I believe the end result is quite good. There were a few mistakes, for instance the last frame just as the bird researches the branch. It wasn't edited properly on photoshop, because i found the other frames in it to be more neater however the last frame is really bold and untidy. 

Here is the development of this frame as well as all the frames combined, from when it started flying gin the air, then slowly flying down and then flying towards the other bird on the branch!! I also included the soundtrack, which I found goes well according to the frames. At the moment the frames go up to 13 seconds, leaving me 17seconds to make the rest of my animation.



Here is a quick sketch of testing how the bird would land on a branch. I found by sketching it, it really helped me when drawing it in the actual animation. 

















Here are prints screens of the process I went through to make my animation. Showing that I did in istopmotion and imovie. The reason I used these softwares it because its so much simpler to use in-comparison to Adobe After Effects!



Here's an example of one of the frames in the animation. I wanted the animation to look different, so instead of making the surroundings all perfect, i wanted there just to be main focuses. For example in this   frame, the 2 birds and the Branch!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment