Wednesday 23 February 2011

Task 2: 100years of GF Smith Paper... Experimenting with Type

I have now been looking at how to produce a poster for the 100 years of GF Smith Paper. I'm starting it off by focusing on type. The really love the work of Yulia Brodskaya. I especially love her use of paper with Type and so I wanted to experiment using her technique into my poster.

An example of Yulia Brodskaya work.....






These are my results........


I first started off cutting strips of paper, with a 2cm width.


Here I'm experimenting with the strips of paper, seeing what curves i could make for my design. 


Because the poster is for the 100th anniversary of GF Smith Paper, I thought it would only be fitting if I point out the keys points of the subject. For example the '100' years and the companies name, 'GF'.







I did enjoy experimenting with this technique from Yulia Brodskaya. However I don't think i'll incorporate this work on Type in my poster. 


No comments:

Post a Comment