Tuesday 8 February 2011

In my own time: Session 2..............

Here is another paper sculpture i created in my own time. I wanted to experiment a bit more on angles and reflections. I started by creating one sculpture but then I attempted another one. So I then combined the two together in order to create a symmetrical sculpture.



I simply had a sheet of A5 white paper and using a scalpel I made slits on the page, as shown above. And i then scoring the centre of the page allowed me to bend the page. 



My first attempt on this particular paper sculpture, inspired by the designer Richard Sweeney. 



I then made two versions of the sculpture and then glued then together. 






















EDITING....

After looking back at these photographs of this sculpture i found i wasn't particularly happy with how the both ends joined. Because i think it it goes too high up and i wanted the sculpture to flow. So i edited the sculpture by cutting off a slight bit of what joins the sculpture together. 

Here are my Final Designs.....












No comments:

Post a Comment