Sunday 20 February 2011

Task 1: Final Paper Designs.....

By incorporating all my design ideas from my workshops and at home, I was able to create my final designs. I mainly used the idea of the paper game sculpture and by making lots of models of them and combining them together, i was able to create some really interesting paper sculptures.

I produced a similar design before, however this time I opened layers of the sculpture which to my luck created some really interesting shapes and pattens.







A PROTOTYPE..........

I first produced a prototype of this design. So I could find which areas would look best and which wouldn't. 



Using double sided tape, I was able to stick together the edges and also to make it stronger. 




Final Designs.......



Due to the use of lighting , the sculptures created a nice glow in the photographs. Which I think looks really effective. 



The same size sculpture placed on top of each other....



A Bigger version of the sculpture.....








Final Piece.....


With the final design, I simply layered all 3 of the sculptures on top of each other. Placing the biggest sculpture at the bottom and the smallest at the top. I find the sharp points give a good effective. And also I especially like the contrast of colour, which is due to the photography. 



No comments:

Post a Comment